Imago Relationship Therapy is an integrated therapeutic process for working with individuals, couples, families, groups and business colleagues in order to enhance relational dynamics in the relationships they share.
Based on the ground-breaking work of Harville Hendrix, Ph.D., author of “Getting the Love You Want”, “Keeping the Love You Find”, “Giving the Love That Heals”, and “Receiving Love”, Imago therapy paves the way to safe, honest communication.
Guiding principles in Encounter Centered Approach
- All couples make sense all the time
- Everyone has an important story
- it is in the telling and listening to the stories, that we can empathize, even though we may disagree
- When we truly listen, we enter the world of the other
- Fear, judgment and shame has no place in this paradigm
- We do not focus on the anger. In stead, we see the fear or hurt or shame that lies underneath
- We hold no judgment and take no sides
What to expect from me
- I am not the expert on your relationship. The couple own their own wisdom
- I am your guide as your story unfolds
- I will patiently coach connection
- I will assist you in developing a capacity to stay fully present
- Even during the tough conversations
Watch this video to find out more about Imago Relationship Therapy:
Click here to view Grete Becker’s next Imago workshop dates in both Cape Town and Johannesburg. Book now to reserve your seat.